When you come across the word “virtual” what is the first thing that comes to your mind?
I had so much confusion so I looked-up the meaning of virtual in the dictionary and here are some examples:
- Existing or resulting in essence or effect though not in actual fact, form or name.
- Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination.
- Computer Science Created, simulated, or carried on by means of a computer or computer network.
- The definition of virtual is something that exists in the mind, exists in essence but not in fact or created by a computer.
- Potential; having the power of acting or of invisible efficacy without the material or sensible part.
- Being in essence or effect, not in fact; as the virtual presence of a man in his agent or substitute.
Taking into consideration the above meanings and definitions – which do you think exactly described the word “Virtual Assistant?
If you ask me, not one – Virtual Assistants are real. They are not just essence or effect nor existing in the mind or production of the imagination alone. Neither are they computer generated and simulated nor just potential having the power of acting or of invisible efficacy without the material or sensible part.
Virtual assistants are professionals who are capable of doing diversified jobs and projects. Most of them have various experiences in the traditional or real office environment. They have college or university degrees and specialization, raging from administrative, sales & marketing, finance & accounting, research & encoding, SEO & social media, article writing & blogging, web & graphic design and a lot more as long as it can be done online or as they say “virtually”.
Virtual assistant may offer to work for a client full time, part time or per contract basis. I can be a group of individuals or a single person. Charges vary according to skills, abilities, qualification and the amount of work or job to be done.
Virtual assistants work at home employees servicing or working for organizations, companies or individuals on the other parts of the world.