- 250 g glutininous rice (sweet rice) flour
- 6 saba (or plantain), sliced
- 5 cups thin coconut milk or water
- 250 g ripe langka (jackfruit) (canned will do)
- 6 pandan leaves (optional) or (anise seeds)
- 200 g cooked sago pearls
- 225 g camote (sweet potato), cubed
- 300 g white sugar
- 225 gabi (taro root), cubed
- 225 ube (purple yam), cubed
- 2 cups coconut cream
- (other root crops may be used.)
- Combine rice flour with 250 ml water and form into small balls.
- Place the coconut milk in a casserole and bring to a boil
- Then add the sago, sweet potato, taro and other root crops you may have.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then add the banana, jackfruit and rice balls.
- Continue to cook over moderate heat until all the rice balls float to the surface.
- Stir in sugar and coconut cream,
- Then transfer to a serving bowl.