- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 bar white gulaman (or 1 pack Jello) soaked in water and drained
- 2 cups cooked sago (tapioca pearls)
- Caramelize sugar and when golden brown add water and bring to a boil. Put in the softened gulaman (or Jello) and stir till completely melted.
- Strain into a baking pan.
- Cool and cut into cubes.
- For the sago, make a syrup following the procedure for gulaman.
- Continue cooking the caramelized sugar and water until syrupy.
- Pour boiling water over the sago, drain
- Combine with the syrup.
- Serve with cubed gulaman with crushed ice.