- 1 cup of shelled roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar for the pastry board
- Put the peanuts through a meat grinder with a medium blade.
- Then place them in a saucepan with the 1/2 cup of sugar and the milk. Mix well.
- Place the peanut mixture over medium flame and cook
- Stir constantly, until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the flame and cook, stir often, until the mixture thickens.
- As the mixture gets very thick, stir continually, to prevent sticking.
- This will take around 15 minutes.
- When the mixture is so thick that you can see the bottom of the pan when you stir, remove from stove.
- Sprinkle the 1/4 cup of sugar on the pastry board.
- Turn the peanut mixture out onto the sugar and flatten it out with a spatula.
- Allow it to cool so you can handle it.
- Next roll it out with a rolling pin until the mixture is about 1/4 inch thick.
- With a knife, cut the mixture into small squares or with a cookie cutter.
- Remove the cookies from the pastry board with a spatula.
- This recipe makes 3 1/2 to 4 dozen.