- 2 cups rice flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Sift first four ingredients together.
- In a mixing bowl, add coconut milk to sifted ingredients and blend well to make a smooth mixture.
- Add anise seeds. Mix and blend thoroughly
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Cook in a steamer for 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness. Muffins are done when toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve topped with grated coconut.