- 280 g (2 1/4 cups) flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar, adding extra as needed for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh milk
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes,grated
- (about 3 cups)
- 250 ml (1 cup) oil
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Beat into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Blend in the grated sweet potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of the batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Dust with sugar if desired.