- 1/2 c. thick coconut milk
- rice flour
- 1 c. sugar
- ¼ cup jackfruit (langka)
- 5 c. fresh coconut milk or fresh milk
- Boil thick coconut milk in a saucepan until the oil is extracted and the precipitate forms into a dark brown color. This is called latik.
- Drain the latik from the oil and set aside.
- Grease a 13-inch rectangular dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, blend rice flour, sugar, jackfruit (langka) and fresh coconut milk. Boil over slow heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, until mixture is clear for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture into prepared dish and allow to set.
- Sprinkle latik on top. Cool before slicing.
When rice flour is not available, soak 2 cups rice in 2 cups water overnight. Put through blender and process until smooth.