- 1/2 c. thick coconut milk
- 1/2 c. rice flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. polenta flour or 2/cups of grounded fresh corn
- ¼ c. sweet corn kernel
- 4 c. fresh coconut milk or water
- 1/2 c. grated frozen buko (optional)
- Boil thick coconut milk in a saucepan until the oil is extracted and the precipitate forms into a dark brown color. This is called latik.
- Drain the latik from the oil and set aside.
- Grease a 13-inch rectangular dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, blend rice flour, sugar,sweet corn kernels, polenta or grounded fresh corn , and fresh coconut milk.
- Stir in grated buko (if used).
- Boil over slow heat, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, until mixture is clear for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture into prepared dish and allow to set.
- Sprinkle latik on top.
- Cool before slicing.
- When rice flour is not available, soak 2 cups rice in 2 cups water overnight. Put through blender and process until smooth.
- If using ground fresh corn, process into a blender using the 4 cups fresh coco milk then sieve to eliminate sap or corn skin.