- 1 cup cooked ube (grated or mashed)
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 2 cups coconut cream (thick)
- 4 cups thin coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- latik and budbod
- Add sugar to thin coconut cream (4 cups).
- Add mashed ube and cook over medium heat.
- Add a dash of violet food coloring to highten the color of your Maja-Ube.
- Keep stirring while cooking. After 15 minutes, lower heat
- Add thick cream with (dissolved) cornstarch.
- Continue stirring until well blended.
- Once again, turn heat to high and cook until thick.
- Pour in pan or bilao lined with wax paper or banana leaves.
- Brush maja-ube with coconut milk and sprinkle latik on top.
- Serve with toasted coconut or budbod.
To make latik:
- Boil thick cream, then, lower heat and simmer until cream curdles and oil comes out.
- To produce more latik and oil, stir once or twice only.
- Cook until latik becomes brown. Drain.
To make budbod:
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar to every cup of coconut ’sapal’ or grated coconut wherein milk was extracted.
- Cook and toast over low heat until brown.