Google Sites is the easiest way to make information accessible to people who need quick, up-to-date access. People can work together on a Site to add file attachments, information from other Google applications (like Google Docs, Google Calendar, YouTube and Picasa), and new free-form content. Creating a site together is as easy as editing a document, and you always control who has access, whether it’s just yourself, your team, or your whole organization. You can even publish Sites to the world. The Google Sites web application is accessible from any internet connected computer.
As a matter of fact, I’ve used Google site as my training ground to build and put together ideas and information. This training module creating a page entitled “My favorite Song” gave me an idea of putting together in one place different song genres that I love to listen. Instead of going through searches every time or spend time in downloading.
In Google Sites, individuals or teams can build sites to share and collaborate on documents, videos, schedules, and more. Or build a public-facing site for your business.
- No HTML required – Creating a Google Site is as easy as editing a document, which means there’s no markup language for you to learn — just get started.
- Single-click page creation – Creating a new page for your Google Site just takes the click of a button.
- Get started with templates -It offer a growing list of page types — web page, announcements, file cabinet, dashboard and list — to help you get started with your Google Sites pages.
- Embed rich content -Google Sites is integrated with other Google products, so you can insert videos, docs, spreadsheets, presentations, photo slide shows, and calendars directly onto your Google Sites pages.
- Make it your own -Customization options let you give your Google Site your own look and feel
- Upload files and attachments -Use the file cabinet to upload files up to 10MB in size. Each Google Apps account receives at least 10GB of storage in Google Sites. Google Apps Premier and Education editions get an additional 500MB for each user account.
- Work together and share -Permission settings let you designate owners, viewers and collaborators (meaning they can edit pages) for your site. And you can make your Google Sites available to just a few people, your entire organization, or the world.
- Search with Google -You can search across Google Sites pages and content using powerful Google search technology. You’ll find specific pages and documents instantly, the same way you would on Google.com.
Get started with Google Sites with these easy steps:
- Create a site
- Insert maps, forms, and videos
- Embed calendars and docs
- Customize layout and appearance
- Share or publish your site
Here is my new Google Site “Mermaids’ Voices”