It has been my dream to learn few tricks in Photoshop. Instinct tells me that the first resource I have is “You tube”. From then on I’ve always make it a point to watch one or two tutorial videos, (Not once but thrice). While watching, I said to myself, “Oh that was easy”. But when I try to do the same it always comes out differently. I could not really get the results I wanted. More often I get stuck in the midst of doing a project.
I have been doing Virtual Assistant’s job but photshop, accounting, bookkeeping, taxation and other administrative but phoshop have not been my forte. I can do a bit of photo editing, flyers and my header and images for my blogs but that’s all. Time came when I joined the Sacred VA Institute and one of our task is photo editing. Oh well – It was not specified that we used Photoshop but I thought, this is my chance to learn and so now I’ve started on that quest, Learning Photoshop! Care to give me some tips?
1. Open an image. Add two duplicate copies (layers) / Name layer 1 as low frequency / Name layer two as high frequency.
2 Hide the high frequency layer ans start working on the low frequency layer. On the low frequency layer =click on Filter > Blur Gaussian blur, setting the percentage between 10 to 15 depending on your image.
3. Activate the High frequency layer to start working on it. On the frequency layer = click image > apply image , On the On the dialog box , set “layer to “Low Frequency”, set the blending to “Subtract” with the” Scale” set = 2 and “Offset = 128. (If you are working on a 8 bits image) and the “invert” box unchecked. If the image you are working on is 16 bits, set the “Blending” to “add” with the Scale =1 and offset =0 and the “invert” box checked. Click Ok.
4. Set the blending to Linear light.
5. Activate the low frequency layer, duplicate the layer and click Filter > Blur >Surface blur, click OK. / Make a layer mask of the this layer by pressing ” Alt” key and the layer mask icon.
6. Work on the layer mask, grab a white paint brush and work on the color and shadow (Skin color or low frequency).
7. Activate the High frequency (Texture) and start working with the blemishes and irregularities on the texture by using combination of healing, clone, patch tool etc.
You can hide and activate other layers to check the progress in healing the texture of High frequency layer
10. See the result of your “Effort”!
Thank you and God Bless!