Water therapy is a natural treatment for controlling diseases and keeping the body hydrated. All it needs is following instructions to a ‘T’ and drinking water.
Water therapy is helpful in curing diseases without using medicine.
When you reach home tired from work the only thing you want first is water. Nothing else refreshes better than a glass of cool water. Water is a very essential part of our life. It is a major constituent of our body and even of the earth. You may have been told by many people and doctors that drinking lots of water is very essential for your body. Water regulates different functions of body. It helps in digestion of food and formation of new blood. Life is incomplete without water.
Have you ever wondered how can water add quality to our life? Water possesses disease curing properties. By using water therapy many dreadful diseases like breast cancer, kidney stone, asthma etc. can be prevented. Along with allopathy and homeopathy the new option of water therapy is also available. Water therapy has proved that ‘water is life’ indeed. Read on, to know how ‘water therapy’ can become ‘life theory’
Benefits of water therapy
Water is free and has no calories. The Water Therapy Diet offers your body the amount of water you should consume daily. According to Dr. Griffin a licensed nutritionist, you need a minimum of 8 to 12 cups of water a day and since your body is made up of 55 to 60 percent of water, your body weight is able to fluctuate so dramatically and quickly. The Water Therapy Diet helps keep your water intake stable and consistent.
Water therapy is so simple that it does not require expert supervision or professional guidance. Have a quick look at benefits that can be gained with the help of water therapy. It will almost feel like water is a magical drink.
- Helps detoxify your body through sweat and urine
- Helps you get glowing and healthy skin
- Helps maintain body temperature
- Help expelling waste products from the body
- Water therapy helps to control anemia, rheumatism, general paralysis, obesity, arthritis, sinusitis, tachycardia, giddiness, cough, leukemia, bronchitis, meningitis, hyperacidity, dysentery, gastroenteritis, uterus cancer, rectal piodapse, eye-disease, ophthalmic hemorrhage, irregular menstruation, laryngitis, headache and many other diseases
- Helps control constipation in 1 day, acidity in 2 days, diabetes in 7 days, cancer in 4 weeks, pulmonary TB in 3 months, gastric in 10 days and BP & hypertension in 4 weeks
Disadvantage of water therapy
When you do not have a limit for doing things they may become a threat. Too much of a good thing can also pose a harm. This is true in the case of water therapy also. When water intake is not controlled while undergoing water therapy it may cause danger. It is because our body has limited capacity of throwing the excessive water. If this limit is crossed, body can face critical condition known as water poisoning or hyper hydration. This can expose a human body to the risk of brain damage or heart failure.
So to avoid any risk you should always consult professional or doctors before undergoing any such therapy. It is important to know the pros and cons of any treatment, diet or therapy that you plan to take up. Practice water therapy according to given instructions and avoid overdoing it. Remember, too much of anything can be bad. Maintain a balance and enjoy the goodness of the wonder drink called, water.
Human beings can survive approximately 30 to 40 days without food but without water your life can end in 3 to 5 days, says Phyllis A. Balch author of “Prescription for Nutritional Healing.” Without a sufficient amount of water, you can poison yourself with your own metabolic waste or toxins. Inadequate water intake can result in excess body fat, poor muscle tone and digestive problems, to name a few. The water therapy diet may need to be altered for medical purposes and is not backed by scientific documentation; it is imperative to consult with your health practitioner beforehand.
Instructions for following the water therapy
You can prevent and even get rid of health problems by only drinking water. All you have to do is strictly follow these instructions.
- Drink 4-5 glasses (at least 160 ml per glass )of water as soon as you get up in the morning before brushing your teeth.
- Don’t eat or drink anything for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, you may eat and drink.
- Half an hour to 45 minutes before meals, drink 1 to 2 glasses of water
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of water 15 minutes after meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- You should not eat or drink anything for 2 1/2 hours .
- Avoid taking alcoholic beverages the previous night
- Drink water thrice a day if you are suffering from Arthritis or Rheumatism. You should drink 1.5 liters of water each time.
- Avoid eating or having any other drink one hour before and after drinking water in morning
- You should continue this routine for one week.
- Consult your doctor to find out whether water therapy will suit your body or not if you are ill or are already having a health problem.
Initially, the idea of consuming 4 to 5 glasses of water in the morning may seem daunting. However, you can balance it out by drinking 2-3 glasses of water first and then wait a few minutes to drink the other remaining water required. The elderly, sick or those who may be unable to consume sizeable amounts of water may want to start off gradually and then work up to 4 glasses of water. Also, it may be best to use filtered water to diminish any parasites or other harmful substances.